Monday, February 1, 2010

New Acquaintance Spread

We're in February! YAY! The sucky part is that now I really need to find a job before I'm truly screwed. In the mean time I found this spread on Aeclectic Tarot about New Acquaintances. I opted to try it out to see what will come of this new acquaintance. We have a very strong working relationship so far, and I'll be damned if I didn't have a crush on him. I decided to work with Mermaids on this one. She's good with relationship stuff.

1. Who is he/she? 8 of Pentacles

This is the workhorse card, and that describes him well. He's a very creative spirit, quite proficient in the arts. He's also someone who pays attention to detail. Very meticulous indeed.

2. What are his/her intentions? Temperance

This was a good card to see. He does bring this sense of balance that's not as black and white as Justice (he's a Libra). He was a guide during my photo shoot, giving me things to help me stay focused when I was starting to get tired. He's someone who I can turn to as I develop my skill and build my portfolio,

3. What can the acquaintanceship lead to? Knave of Chalices

Hmmm... How interesting. I feel like we're going to be collaborating a lot. At the same time, I feel like there's something underneath the surface of that water, but we're so very shy about making that move.

4. Good advice/what I need to be aware of. Queen of Pentacles

Clearly, this queen is me. I had a discussion with a friend over this, and he said that this meant that I should trust my gut and take the plunge in asking him for a least coffee to gauge where the chemistry is. I need to push past my mental doubts and just go for it. It's funny because of the four queens, I feel the strongest connection to her.

5. Probable outcome. 10 of Chalices

Clearly, Mermaids is saying that I should nudge it along and ask him out for coffee because something great will happen. I have this tendency to just sit back and let the doubt sink in and not trust my intuition. If I actually do something about this, then we'll have a nice bond. After all, we established a good rapport very early on, and since then it's gotten better.

Would love to know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, lots of Chalices = COFFEE. Go for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If nothing else, you'll have a good friend that you can go have coffee with. One of my favorite social activities!

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete