Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Musings on Secret

In a lot of reviews, I've seen a lot of references to how dark Secret is and that it's not recommended for reading others due to that. I really don't see the darkness in Secret. Yeah, the Knight of Cups and the Queen of Swords are very dark cards, but I see him as being a very honest deck, one that has a lot to say. Lots of deep truths that maybe I as a sentient being is not ready to handle.

I think sometimes I fail him in that he has so much to say to me, but I'm only capable of reading on a surface level right now. What I am grateful for is the fact that he is very comforting. It surprisingly didn't take too long for us to establish a relationship. He's giving me so much, and I'm not living up to my end of the bargain. He said that he was going to push me. I hope I can live up to it as I embark on my second month with him.

2 comments:

  1. I know there are alot of times when I struggle with the thought that I'm not getting 'deep' enough into the messages given to me.
    I think that depth comes over time with practice, study and awareness.
    You can't learn to play the piano in just a couple lessons, developing the 'skill' takes dedication to the practice of that skill. So for now, get all that you can out of playing chopsticks and keep practicing!
    The great thing about belonging to a community like AT is the resource of knowledgable, experienced readers that so freely share their insights and learning.

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh girl is right. Plus, you've been at this for how long? You're already quite ahead by being dedicated to one deck for this amount of time. You ARE deepening your relationship with Secret, and in ways of which you might not be aware.

    I also don't think it's a dark deck. When I think of dark: Bohemian Gothic, Vertigo, etc. comes to mind. Secret is more deep than it is dark. And if you're concentrating on just reading for yourself for now, deep is very good. Happy 1 month!

    ReplyDelete