Monday, February 15, 2010

A Valentine's Day Daily 3

I'm not really putting up daily 3 nowadays because my life isn't all that interesting, but I have been putting it in my journal. I decided to put this one up because it was Valentine's Day, and it wound up sucking ass in the end (despite performing).

1. What I did well today? 4 of Cups

I am acknowledging the fact that everything is not as peachy keen and harmonious as I had thought it would be. I'm beginning to realize that I'm so caught up in my issues that I sometimes miss the good opportunities in front of me.

2. What I need to leave behind? 5 of Wands

Yeah. Very accurate, Secret. Basically I had a gig last night (What's better than sitting in front of the TV watching The Notebook while eating a carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream? Working!), and a dude I hooked up with was there. I knew he was going to be there because he was helping out with the event. He has some serious douche tendencies, so needless to say I was mad at the fact that this fool has a chick on his arm while I'm single. This got a huge WTF?!!?? from me. How does this asshole have someone? I didn't get it, and I don't get it still. Needless to say I spent most of the evening pissed off: Pissed that he doesn't have the common decency to be civil (no slapping my back with a magazine does not mean hello, nor is drunk texting me at 8AM on a Sunday), pissed at seeing him with someone while I'm single, and mostly pissed at myself for letting him affect me that way to the point where it impacted my dance. I'm angry at myself for letting someone so insignificant hold so much power over me, and I know I need to let it go.

3. What I need to take with me into tomorrow? 9 of Swords

I need to not lose sleep over this douchenozzle. He's just simply not worth my time or effort, and I just need to let it go. I am that which I am. He is that which he is.

3 comments:

  1. Douchenozzle. That's one I hadn't heard of before. I like it. ;) Sorry your Vday sucked. 'Tis just another day, after all. (I SHOULD have watched The Notebook.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your interpretations for the day(sorry it sucked), sometimes that 5 of Wands isn't worth the energy wasted.

    Better Days!

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Douchenozzle! That's excellent, and it sounds like he needs to be left behind, too.. I'm sorry your Valentine's Day was no good, but I like your attitude and your interpretations.

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete