Sunday, December 27, 2009

"New Deck Interview" Spread

While I was checking out AT, there were a couple of references to FireRaven's New Deck Interview Spread. I thought this would be a good way for me to get acquainted with Secret. I'm still new to interpreting the cards, so I'm looking for feedback on my interpretation. He's... like my 11th grade history teacher. Very in-your-face, but encouraging as well.

1) Tell me about yourself: What's your most important characteristic? 8 of Wands
I'm very blunt, and my messages come quickly. I will give you a definite answer, and I encourage you to act on my suggestions.

2) What are your strengths as a deck? 2 of Pentacles (Rx)
I'm straight-forward. I will tell it like it is, and I am going to be very direct with you. You don't have to worry about me providing you with different possibilities.

3) What are your limits as a deck? 5 of Wands
My words are going to get me into some trouble. We are going to have some disagreements and butt heads. There will be times when you will not like the answers I give you. There will also be times when I think your question is silly, and I will not hesitate to let you know.

4) What do you bring to the table - what are you here to teach me? Hermit
I want to teach you how to dig deep in order to see my messages. Take the messages that I give you and truly learn from them. This is a part of your spiritual journey. Do not take this lightly. This will help you.

5) How can I best learn from and collaborate with you? 9 of Pentacles

If you work hard at your practice, you will be good at reading me and other cards. Enjoy the process. It will be difficult at times, but you will reap the rewards.

6) What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? 6 of Pentacles

At the end of the day, I'm here to guide you. I want to help you, and I want to give you the push you need. That being said, I'm not going to hold your hand all the time. You have to do the work as well.

Position 4 is rather telling to me since it is the only Major that came out in the spread. I think Secret is here to make me think about my spiritual journey, and he's going to be a major guide in that process.

No comments:

Post a Comment