Thursday, May 27, 2010

Full Moon

I'm back! Here's my first spread in quite some time. What else would it be other than the Full Moon Spread?

1. What can be seen with clarity, so bright that it can even blind you. The High Priestess

I started working with a book called Writing Down Your Soul by Janet Bonner. It's an interesting book so far, and I'm writing to my Voice (or Spirit Guide). I guess you can say it's therapy without actually going to a therapist, and I feel like I've been reaching into my unconscious self. It's amazing to see what has been able to come out as I write. Things that I used to think weren't a big deal turn out to be a big deal, for example. I think my main spirit guide is happy that I'm doing this. I think she even helped me find the right journal for this endeavor (I Hope You Dance was on the cover).  

2. What gets completed. What closes a cycle. 8 of Pentacles

I think this has to do with me as a makeup artist. It's having the opportunity to learn so much from amazing artists like Kathy Aragon, Johnny Lavoy, and Jon Hennessey, and being able to apply that to my craft to become a better artist.

3. What begins to fade away, to abandon you...or what needs to be. 4 of Wands

I think the carefree life is close to coming to an end. I'll need to have at least a part-time job to support my makeup career, and to fund my travels. I have to think in long term, although I usually am incapable of thinking beyond tomorrow.

0. Yourself. Shadow card, from the base of the deck. Queen of Wands

Hmm. This is interesting, because I don't really identify with her. I think she represents the creative side of myself that's really struggling to be released right now. That's the only thing I can really think of.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see this spread in action. I tried it myself last night. And that workbook sounds fabulous! I'm going to look for it next time I go up to Barnes & Noble! :)

    ReplyDelete